The Village of My Father

Sunday, February 14, 2010



This is how houses in my grandmother's village looks like. In fact this is a sample of traditional houses in Buton Island, Southeast Sulawesi, Indonesia. It is made from wood, usually the floor also made with wood, and is made as such that nail is doeen't need to put to building together. If you've ever played with toys which you could assemble till it form a house or other, you would understand what I mean.

The house in the picture is standing almost all of my age, nothing change except the floor which now made from wood, to prevent too many wind comes from below. I remember it used to be very cold sleeping inside, but I'd rather keep the bamboo floor if I may choose. 




The best part of this is the old beloved sea at the back. Wake up in a cold morning turned to be very enjoyable moment since my uncle used to put fire at the shore, and we would sit there.... waiting for the sunrise. You could not see the sunrise since it rise on the other side of the road, but the velvet sky, the wave and the morning breeze was enough to make you dream.  Ah.. how I miss it even now...


Posts Relacionados

0 comments:

Post a Comment